Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crock Pot Ranch & Mushroom Chicken over Rice

I decided to try a twist on a recipe I found. It is Crock Pot Chicken and Rice. I twisted the ingredients pretty much because I just didn’t have what the original recipe called for – so IMPROVISE! I’m so good at that although sometimes it works, and sometimes … not so much. Hopefully, this one will prove successful.

INGREDIENTS:

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)

1 (10 0z can) cream of golden mushroom soup

1 (8 oz can) of mushroom stems/pieces

½ cup ranch dressing

1 tsp salt (or to taste)

1/2 tsp pepper (0r to taste)

rice

Mix cream cheese, golden mushroom, and dressing together until blended.

Add mushrooms.

Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.


Prepare rice as directed. I like to use the Boil-In-Bag rice – simple and quick. Takes about 10 minutes.



Serve the chicken and mixture over rice.

Add a vegetable side such as steamed broccoli and carrots.

Oh yeah. I will be making this one AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment